Monday, November 23, 2015

Two-Minute Thank You-Skylar Mays

My parents told me to try harder. Mrs. G told me to read out loud. My brothers fought too much. My dad asked me what I wanted to do. My coaches asked me to be more aggressive. Mr. A made me dislike school. My friends asked if it were true. I said we would still hang out. Mrs. B told us to play icebreakers. Mr. C restored my faith in humanity. Middle school was bigger. We went to my friend's open house. And her going away party. Everyone cried. My mom told me I won the derby at the small party. Someone handed me a mason jar of m n m's. My anxiety kicked in. My coaches asked me to work harder. The doctor told me I had asthma. My brother said he was accepted into college. My other brother said he was moving out. My parents said I was the only one left. My friend asked me how the movie was, and more importantly how the guy was. Infinite Campus said my grades need to come up. My parents said the same. My councilor offered little guidance. My grandparents gave me a car. I said I was thrilled; I was so much more. The coach said we were going to State Cup. Everyone said Junior year would be hard. The boy told me to get home safe. My classes proved to be easier than the year before. The hill said I needed to wake up earlier. And earlier. And earlier. I won region on a piece I didn't like. The guy at pizza hut said it'd be another few minutes. The interview went well, but not well enough. I met a team I loved. The trainer told me I tore my labrum. My art teacher said it looked good. Then gave me a B. I helped my friends out of tough situation. They said thanks. My parents said I was getting better. He said he loved me. My boss said I would have to work during school. I said I was putting in my two week. Common- App said I needed fewer words. My councilor said I needed more activities. I didn't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment