Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Two Minute Thank You Blog

My grandmother told me to never go outside with wet hair. I'll catch a cold if I do. The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places, Hemingway said. Don't run with the wrong crowd, and make sure to never stick your head out of the window of a moving car. My grandmother claims a friend of hers had his head cut off by doing that. But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. Don't forget about the little things he said. I gave my little brother a gift. What she did hurt in more ways than I imagined. I wanted to be better than the others. The best revenge is to live a happy life. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Thanks Hemingway, I'll keep that in mind. There's always a greater cause than yourself. Theres's no "I" in team.  After all, They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason. But there is a "me" in team. Maybe it's not so bad to look out for yourself every once and a while. My dad told me "I'm giving you all the rope you want. You can either build a hammock or hang yourself. Your choice." What an interesting but effective way to say be careful. Be able to laugh at yourself, it makes life easier. Always keep your wits about you. If a writer knows enough about what he is writing about, he may omit things that he knows. The dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one ninth of it being above water. I don't think the survivors of the Titanic would appreciate that comment, Mr. Hemingway. The end. Or perhaps this is just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows? Just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment