Monday, November 23, 2015

Two Minute Thank You- Isabelle Rinker

"Entre ser y no ser, yo soy," is the protagonist's catchphrase on my favorite telenovela, Teresa. Teresa is such a strong, ambitious female character, with whom I, myself, very much identify. That catchphrase loosely translates to, "If I have to choose between being a somebody and being a nobody, I will be a somebody." And if there's anything my mom has taught me, it's that if you know your own worth, no one can make you feel worthless. Overall, I've learned that confidence is one of the most important things for a young woman to have.

But more importantly, you have to make time for those you love. Friends and family can sometimes teach you the most valuable lessons in life. For instance, my dad, who told me, "Fake it til you make it." Or my 4th teacher/dance coach who told me to never give up, with dance, with writing, with my studies, anything. Or my youth minister, who told me to always keep my Catholic faith close to heart. Or Sydney, for bringing me back to reality when I need it. And Mia helped me study for the APUSH Exam by telling me "The Era of Good Feelings was when everyone was Gucci."

But I think I ought to thank myself, as well, for keeping my head up and having a backbone throughout all of life's trials. Because self-love is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment