Monday, November 30, 2015

Two-Minute Thank You- Kayla Beebout


My mom always said I could tell her anything, no matter what.  Katie understood that I wasn’t as crazy as I acted.  Mrs. Gilliam taught me that sometimes being crazy wasn’t such a bad thing.  Mrs. Bosworth taught me to play Star Wars on the piano.  My dad showed me Bilbo Baggins’ long-expected birthday party.  Mrs. Nuckols said as long as I did my part, it would turn out fine.

My friends said sure, they would read my stories.  Mr. Peavler showed us Phantom of the Opera.  Tyler came to visit me in the hospital, even though he had just moved here and started his job as our new youth minister.  My grandpa always said he was proud of me, every time he saw me.  Joanna always made me laugh.  Aislinn taught me how to knit.  Lauren said, “I’ll take care of that.”

Josie told me it wasn’t my fault he stopped talking to me.  Jeanine let me laugh at my mistakes, and she would laugh too.  Jason told me I was smart enough to do anything I wanted.  Mrs. Gill helped me study, even though I wasn’t her student.  My hall mates lowered my bed so I didn’t have to climb up after I fell.  Dr. Strait told me not to listen when people told me an English major would never have a job.  Ms. Whitman taught me how to tell my story in a college entrance essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment