Monday, November 23, 2015

Two-Minute Thank You - Emily Salamanca

             Thanks. A lot. She said she did not want to see anymore. Elizabeth rolled her eyes after quickly glancing over. G. Nellen scoffed a bit more. They all lowered their brows until the resting un-impression returned. My father told me, "It is not my favorite...It has got some things..." In the room next to the sander and bench grinder, I read 1493. Paul called out to me over the sound of the roaring fan.
             Susan said, "You can stay as long as you want. You do not have to leave at five." Cynthia took a parking space by the coffee shop up the street and waited by the yellow curb. They said not to park there from 9AM until 7PM. She said to clean my face, wash my elbows, dab the oil off my cuffs. Some asked what happened to my hand, others just grasped it in awe. The passersby saw my side-step into the gutter. 104.5 suffused the dismal air. John said, "I cannot believe you are not focusing your 200 ours on canvas." Henry said, "You're doing well, keeping up." He majored in music. Jean marveled and awed at the trigonometry assignment. The feathers looked so real in that dimly lit hospital room, No. 127. The small turkey desserts were preserved in the micro-fridge. Mom said that I needed to leave before 9 o'clock. She said what I did was a good thing. Celia and David sat at the table next to ours, separated from Jean. I said to Elizabeth to explore the upstairs, count the bathtubs. I rubbed my water marker mosaic on the table cloth. The waiter said it was okay. The coffee scalded my tongue. My mom noted my dress as we walked in a unit. I did not want her to look too closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment