Sunday, August 30, 2015

Why Art? Skylar

I think that because everything in life is about perspective it is the role of the artist to give us a representation of their perspective. It’s an insight into other people’s views on things. It helps us to develop our own views. And sometimes it’s more than just them telling us what they think but also them showing us how they feel about a given topic. It’s their emotions when they see a certain word or a person or an object. I think their main responsibility when it comes to creating art is giving honesty through their themes and ideas. Portraying their thoughts accurately and realistically. Everything we see, hear, and read develops our thoughts and it is important to know the true motives behind something and know they are really what the artist intended. Language arts is set apart from other arts because it is very middle ground. With painting and 2D/3D media you can only depict what you’ve seen before. With language you, because the English vocabulary is so big there are so many different words, with different connotations, to depict what you see. With music you have all the extra words like you do in language but you can accompany music with it to give it a more defined sense of emotions to depict what you mean. I do consider myself an artist, but I only reproduce what I see in the real world. I don’t add in my own feelings to show how I’m feeling, nor do I speak out on a subject. I only relay it how its shown in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment