Monday, October 26, 2015

Comedy-Sydney Taylor

My favorite line in The Importance of Being Earnest is what Jack says to Algernon after insulting his aunt. "My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused.  It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all.  Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die." I find it funny because of how relatable it is. That is exactly how I feel about my own relations, put it in a much wittier statement.
For modern humor, I'm a fan of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. It's a satirical talk show that analyzes all the important events of the previous week and usually ends with some new mascot running around the stage or someone singing to overly-dramatic music.

No comments:

Post a Comment